I have been reluctant to take on any more projects or commitments while I’m in the mist of pursuing the ones I’ve already taken on, but the more I thought about a summer reading list the more I started to realize that it goes along well with my reading goals for this year and the Goodreads challenge I set myself to read 50 books in 2013. I have two books lined up as part of my Dark Jane Austen Book Club reads, but I have quite a few books in my library that I have yet to read.
With all that in mind I decided to put together an optimistic summer reading list:
- Pride and Platypus?by Vera Nazarian
- The Ironwood Tree (Book 4 of the Spiderwick Chronicles)?by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
- The Wrath of Mulgarath (Book 5 of the Spiderwick Chronicles)?by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
- Miss Darcy Falls in Love?by Sharon Lathan
- Android Karenina?by Ben H. Winters
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: ?Inspiration for Writers by various
- Pandora?by Anne Rice
- The Age of Innocence?by Edith Wharton
- The Bond Between Women?by China Galland
- She?by H. Rider Haggard
I’m not sure if I’ll actually get to read them all this summer assuming that summer is what’s left of June and all of July. Two of of my selections I’ll be reading with DJABC, so I know those will get read. Two I picked with my children because I love reading with them. The?Chicken Soup?book is a gift from a friend who also contributed to it, and I think because of how it is written it will be a perfect read a story here and there type book. The others are books I have been meaning to read, but for whatever reason just haven’t yet.
My list isn’t numbered, nor is it ordered in any particular way. I’ll be reading them as I please. That’s what the summer is for anyway, doing as you please and reading for pure pleasure.
What about you? What’s on your reading list??