This past year I have gotten things going with my blogs, joined a great team of creative people on various projects (some professional, some personal, but all fun), and written plenty. ?Now it’s time to reflect to see what I’ve learned, and to plan for the year ahead.
So what have I really learned from this past year?
There is always time for family and friends. ?Writing is a labor of love, but is sometimes just labor. ?I am still the procrastinator I always have been, but improvements have been made. ?Reading books, listening to music, and watching movies are all just as much work as they are recreation. ?Coffee does help fuel my muse. ?And most of all, I’ve learned that I need to set goals because this last year going with the flow and only having rough ideas for what I want didn’t result in all that I had hoped.
Don’t get me wrong. ?I had a good year, and had plenty of writing to show for it. ?With the coming of the New Year, however, I would like to see more. ?So with that, here are my goals for 2011.
- I will finish two of my manuscripts and begin seriously seeking publication.
- I will read the six books that have been sitting on my night stand taunting me.
- I will write something every day regardless of whether it is for work or a personal project.
- I will deliver the killing blow to some creature in a D&D game.
- I will try at least five new blends of coffee while out with a friend.
- I will take at least one kid free mini-vacation.
With that I bid farewell to 2010 and say bring it on 2011!